Friday, July 29, 2005

SO MUCH GOING ON...


...so little blogging. What with the AFL-CIO divorce, CAFTA passed into law, and the WTO Doha round teetering on the brink of collapse, there's a lot going on in the world of global political economy. And yet, the rut is long and deep.

In the meantime, I'm working on ripping apart this report from the Fraser Institute of Canada on so-called "economic freedom." (For more about the Fraser Institute and for whom they are advocating freedom, see here). I should say that the researchers at Fraser have been exceedingly open and generous in discussing their methodology and sharing their data with me.

I should be wrapping this all up in a couple of weeks as summer is drawing to a close, as is my brief stint at CEPR. Oh will I miss the minions strut through Dupont Circle...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home