Saturday, May 15, 2004

CURIOUSITY, DISBELIEF OR MORBID FETISH?


Those of you driven to see the gruesomest of gruesome set a new Globalize This! traffic record yesterday. Those who came searching for the video of Nick Berg parting with his melon must have been sorely disappointed.

I must admit that I, too, went searching for the video to no avail. It seems to have been purged down the memory hole. Still photos remain, and can be viewed at Drudge, for one, here. Brace yourself.

It's the same sensation, be it curiousity, disbelief or morbidity--I think--which drove me to watch again and again the footage of those poor souls who threw themselves from the heights of the trade center towers, rather than perish in the 9/11 inferno.

P.S. I would like to extend special warm greetings to my military guests from NIPR.mil.

UPDATE: George informs me that the video is still available here. BE FOREWAREND. This is VERY GRUESOME footage. I had to shut it off before it got to the critical moment. Horrifying. No one should suffer such a fate.

UPDATE II: PRNewswire is reporting that "Nick Berg" was the most searched term on internet search engines last week. It succeeded in edging out Britney Spears, Clay Aiken and Paris Hilton.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger George Peterson said...

nope, you can still find the video here:

http://www.ogrish.com/index2.htm

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Adam Hersh said...

Yep, it's there allright. Be forewarned. I had to close the window before it got to the critical moment. Horrifying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home